When: Tuesday 19 Jul, 2016 05:00 p.m. - Tuesday 19 Jul, 2016 06:30 p.m.
Venue: Maraya Art Centre, Al Qasba, Block (E), First Floor (Maraya Community)
Fees: 30 AED
In this workshop, children will demonstrate an understanding of portraits as subject matter and of using personal expression for art, create a self-portrait with symbols using the elements of art and principles of design, and use a variety of media to communicate ideas, feelings, or experiences. In addition, children will:
- Understand self-portraiture.
- Discover the purposes of art.
- Draw a self-portrait using proportion and siting techniques.
- Select and plan a composition of representational objects that demonstrate the three types of aesthetics.
- Create a mixed-media self-portrait.
- Write artists’ statements that explain why they chose the images, objects, and colours that they did to represent themselves.
- Critique the finished works.
To register please contact Maraya Art Centre on +971 6 556 6555 or by email at email@example.com